Monday, August 10, 2009

5 things to do before summer is over

I am loving the new blogs that I've come across in the last few days. One of them is an inspirational blog called Oh, Mishka. Today, she features another blogger's post on 5 things to do before summer is over. Here's what I came up with:

1. Do some major berry picking and make my first batch of jam.

2. Get my hair done!--It has been far too long! A little more light or should I revamp with an all-over brilliant-brown for the upcoming Fall? Did I mention that I am secretly excited for the Fall?

3. Make a trip to the beach. It's only an hour and a half or so away, and the kiddos still have yet to dig their toes in the sand this year...

4. Complete the books on my nightstand. I am obsessed with books, so often, I find myself wanting to hoard new ones and crack them open before I've finished the other three.

5. Enjoy a patio/sunset dinner with Husband. I know BEACHES knows how to do this right with the river, sailboats, and boardwalk-sunset-views. AND they make a heavenly Key Lime Pie.


What about you? What's on your list of must-do's?


photo courtesy of veer.com

8 comments:

Anonymous August 10, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

I saw this post on oh, mishka too and thought it was such a wonderful idea...hmm...i'd love to take a daytrip to the beach and bring my doggie along to go play in the water, host an outdoor dinner party, make a mini video like from miss-thumbelina.blogspot.com with friends, and do a photoshoot w/ friends too!

xoxo,
Micaela

Dottie August 12, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

Hi Cassie, I just saw you left a comment on my blog. Your blog is GREAT! Congrats on the 1/2 marathon!

Keri August 14, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

Those sound like great ideas. My kids start school next Thurs...I can't believe it! Summer flew by! And unlike you, I don't think I'm quite ready for fall. Maybe in another month... :)

Michelle Schraudner August 19, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

I love your list! I want to dye my hair too. Nothing drastic, but I want a really pretty dark brown for fall.

Gigi's Thimble August 24, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

You're so good about making lists/goals. I need to make a few goals and get out there and do some fun things! Oh, BEACHES sounds nice right now, along with the real beach of course!

Erin August 26, 2009 at 12:28 AM  

Love your list and love your new look! I am making jam for the first time tomorrow! We should do it together sometime. :)

Gigi's Thimble August 26, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

Love your new header and background. I'm in tears right now as I just stopped by NieNie's blog via yours. Inspirational and hard. So sweet of her to share her perspectives with us. Have a good day. I just got my fabric necklace done and I'm off to work!

P.S. Did you get that picture of me you mom and tammy at the bbq or did someone else take that? I would like a copy.

boubou August 26, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

Bonjour !
First time i come across your blog, i wanted to invite you check out my dailycollage inspiration on my blog boubouteatime if you have some time, i hope you will like the visit :)
a bientot !
Boubou xx

“You must write every single day of your life... You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads... may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world.” ― Ray Bradbury
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP