Sunday, August 30, 2009

Because I love the fall...








I can hardly wait to read all the ideas for The Inspired Room's upcoming Fall Nesting Week. Bloggers from all over can participate and submit their housewarming ideas for the fall. Lots of decorating and baking ideas! I can't think of a better way to transition into the next season. Ahhh....I'm already daydreaming in pumpkin spice and harvest colors.

Aren't these gorgeous?

I found these beautiful water colored leaves on flickr, idea taken from
mayamade designs. If you'd like to make some, follow this link to the tutorial. And I must say, move over Martha! This crafter is serious. You can find tutorials on how to make pillowcase dresses to confetti eggs for the New Year. It is all quite creative, fun, and a lot of it is child oriented!




I also found this cute fall banner on Mayamade that I thought Brooklynn would love to help make. And I know she'd love to see it on the mantle everyday. :) Now that I think of it...a watercolored leaf banner would be beautiful!


I hope your summer is coming to a pleasant end! Enjoy!

"When summer gathers up her robes of glory, and like a dream of beauty glides away."- Sarah Helen Power Whitman

~C

8 comments:

Erin August 31, 2009 at 6:23 AM  

Oh those are beautiful! Sounds like a "fall kick off" project to me! Britt and I have been discussing our excitement of the upcoming season too!

Loredana August 31, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

Firstly-thank you for the encouraging words on my blog ;-) (and for checking it out).

Secondly...I see we also have the LOVE OF FALL in common! My FAVORITE SEASON OF THEM ALL!!! I can't wait! I get so inspired by it.

A "cheery" disposition August 31, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

o, how wonderful. i love this idea and i love fall.

Britt August 31, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

woo hoo, the holidays! I think those are real leaves, we shall find out! Gorgeous...I hear another project coming on that we must complete! Maybe a "fall Kickoff" project extravaganza!

Gigi's Thimble September 1, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

Hey Sis! Love those pictures. That was cool how you overlapped the two leaf pictures. I love your blog!

Sarah Von Bargen September 2, 2009 at 5:08 AM  

Those leaves are gorgeous - I've never seen anything like them!

Queen B September 2, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

CASS! you got me all excited for FALL!!! yay all the beautiful color changes. I even had to write a blog about fall! haha. Love ya! hope to hang out again soon. I wish I lived closer! well take care. xoxo

Jeannie September 3, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

LOVE the fall leaves! I'm definitely going to do this with my preschoolers next month! Thanks for the great ideas. I LOVE mayamade too, and I've already bookmarked more preschool art/craft projects from her!

“You must write every single day of your life... You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads... may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world.” ― Ray Bradbury
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP