Thursday, August 27, 2009

A few favorite moments from this week


Brooklynn said to me the other day,
"Mommy? Do you know what's simple?"
"What?" I asked.
"I love you," she said.

Image via boubouteatime

Tuesday morning while reading through my morning blogroll and email, I came across a much unexpected email from an author I quoted in a May blog of mine. Timothy Perrin, who wrote Ray Bradbury's Children, published in the Writer's Digest and later in Just Open a Vein, sent me some kind words of advice, encouragement, and inspiration for this writing life. As I was reading, all I could say out loud was "Shut up!" "Shut up!" or it may have been "No way!" "No way!" I can't remember. I was awe-struck and in inspirational heaven. More on this later...


An afternoon at the Camas farmers market, a huge bouquet of jewel-toned flowers, shopping at Pier 1, and an exchange with a favorite blogger of mine. Of course! I would love to be pen pals!


And how about you?

What's your favorite moment(s) of this week so far?

xoxo, C


8 comments:

Jeannie August 28, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

In order of thoughts: adorable ( Brooklynn), EXCITING (author e-mail), and beautiful (flowers).

Dawn August 28, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

Brooklyn is adorable. Children are such a gift, and it's always wonderful to hear their simple honesty.

As for my favorite moment of the week? I don't know...it hasn't quite been a pleasant one, that's for sure. However, a bright side is learning about future education possibilities and how I can go back to Purdue.

Erin August 28, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

How perfectly said by Brooklyn and irresistable!

I can't wait to hear more about your inspiring email!

My week was weird and rough but getting better day by day.

Katie August 28, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

Since giving birth to my daughter early Sunday morning, each moment, with the exception of some breastfeeding frustrations, just sort of tops the last. I love this idea. I used to do this every Wednesday night with my Young Women.

Gigi's Thimble August 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

That was a fun post! Sounds like lots of simple (but fun) things happened last week. That is awesome to receive an encouraging email from someone you admire. I'm happy for you! I just wanted to send you this link because I was on a blog I read from time to time and the author mentioned a place near you called Camas Antiques. Apparently she loves that place, so I though you may want to visit it sometime just for fun. Here it is: http://acottageindustry.typepad.com/a_cottage_industry/2009/08/camas-antiques.html

Mrs Pretzel August 29, 2009 at 11:08 PM  

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog!! Thought I'd return the favor...
My favorite moment of the week... there have been a lot of them, actually... I think they are best summed up by saying that a lot of things have happened this week, that let me know the destination I dream of is very probably at the end of the path I am already on... :) Hugs!! Have a great NEXT week!

Anonymous August 30, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

oh, your blog is so lovely dear and these words and pictures are so beautiful ♥

Keri September 1, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

Brooklyn's "I love you" comment is so cute! What a sweetie.

“You must write every single day of your life... You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads... may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world.” ― Ray Bradbury
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP