Monday, October 5, 2009

Spending Time

Photo: Brooklynn & Asher McCully October 2008

Spend the afternoon. You can't take it with you.~Annie Dillard

Today was spent fabulously. I made it to the gym and got showered while Brooklynn was at preschool--something I plan to accomplish on a regular basis. It's nice when those things are checked off the list BEFORE noon! It didn't use to happen this way.

During naps, I worked on a piece of writing that came to me during my workout and said WRITE ME!! and so I brought the majority of it to fruition this afternoon. I'll share soon. I smile thinking about it. The giveaway will be linked to that post--I have not forgotten the giveaway!

When Husband (I need a new witty name for him) came home from work, he woke the kiddos with his boisterous phone calls so I told him he owed me. He immediately and happily obliged by setting me free to take my writing to the coffee shop. Once there, I continued to write, delete and edit. I am happy with my days progress. It is such a relief to have topics and ideas come to me that I can write freely about. So many times I have tried to spell out something specific in words and it ends up looking like a forced mess. The worst case-scenario for a writer.

Before I knew it, I was home and it was time for the kiddos to get to bed. I wasn't really watching the clock all that close, so I was astonished to see that I was actually back downstairs before 8:30pm. Thus, the very inspiration behind me writing this post this evening. Usually I am tuckered at this time and only feel like reading in bed, catching up on my blogroll for the day or watching trashy reality shows. Well, not the trashy-trashy ones, but you know, I really do have better things to do.

Speaking of things to do. I've began making a list of things to do before the year is over. Have you checked everything off on your list of to-do's for 2009? I am not sure that I had one of those for this last year (I think mine was only to survive grad school while raising babies, which lasted only one semester) but I know that I can come up with a few things to complete before 2010. Wow! We have a BIG year ahead of ourselves!! Here is what I'd like to accomplish before next year:
  1. Get my long distance running back in the neighborhood to be able to run another half-marathon.

  2. Incorporate flaxseed into my daily diet.

  3. Buy a juicer already--cleanse??

  4. Do a couple layouts for Asher's poor baby album.

  5. Get Family pictures taken by Jenn
  6. Visit my Alma Mater.

  7. Make an Advent Calendar for Christmas like my cute sis-in-law Brittany

Any plans for you?

7 comments:

Jeannie October 6, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

Glad you got some down time. Moms DEFINITELY need it - and it always goes by SO fast! We just bought some flaxseed oil/Omega 3 swallowables at Costco. I prefer to take it that way as I'm not good at "eating" it . . . hmmm . . . I've kind of given up on yearly resolutions the past couple years, but I should definitely take them up again. They really can be helpful and give me something to reach for. I'm looking forward to checking out your links. Sound cool! I LOVE the kiddos' hands pic on the pumpkin. ADORABLE!

Jeannie October 6, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

Ok . . . I looked at Brittany's Christmas advent and LOVE IT! If you want to do it as a "sister's/girls' night" thing COUNT ME IN! I sent a link to a bunch of my girlfriends as well. It looks SO FUN! I love Brittany's version. Thanks for sharing!

Erin October 6, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

It sure does sound like a perfect day!!! Yeah to writing!!! That is awesome! Can't wait to read.

And yep I've got about a ton of things I want to accomplish but unfortunately I do not have time to list them right now. Soon though soon!

shannon October 8, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

Oooo... I'd love to join you in 5 of the 7 To Do's; and because I'm not a member of the McCully clan nor would I be of much assistance scrapbooking... I think you can guess which five :) Also I am SO happy to hear you are taking the much needed time to write and create. I can't wait to read your upcoming post!
Lastly, yay for flax! Grinding them up and sprinkling them into smoothies, cereal etc. is a great way to get them in the diet :)

Emily October 8, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

A note on flax seeds- grind them up in your coffee grinder and add 1/4-1/2 cup to any cookie/muffin recipe. I think it's pretty much tasteless, if anything it may add a tinge of a nutty flavor. Let's make those necklaces soon!

Gigi's Thimble October 9, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

So glad you got some Cassie time. Why are you so organized and proactive!?! You put me to shame girl! Love the trashy reality shows too. Can anyone say "Courtney and Khloe take Miami!" Just kidding, I am so embarrassed that I just admitted that. I don't even think Ryan knows I watch that sometimes and once in a while I have to turn it! And let's see...a clever name for the hubby...Mr. McCully or just McCully or Mr. Go big or go home. Those are just a few that come to mind. Take care and lets talk (on the phone soon!)

shannon October 9, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

My votes for Mr Go big or go home :)

“You must write every single day of your life... You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads... may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world.” ― Ray Bradbury
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP