Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Little Things {lately}


white lights.
the way the winter sun beams hit the trees in the morning.
enjoying the least stressful holiday, yet.
exchanging Merry Christmas! with strangers.
letting the unnecessary expectations of prior Christmases fall away. 
our sweet elderly neighbor bringing us streusle cake.  she's the sweetest, and boy, is it good.
a new journal and pens.
painting my nails.
menu planning for the holiday weekend.
writing lists and big goals for 2012.  i'm excited for the challenges and changes ahead.
believing God's plan is bigger and more sure than mine.
exercise and sweating off the stress.  i'm such a believer in exercise being the ultimate anti-depressant.
clear skies. we've had the clearest and most sunny winter ever recorded!  not entirely sure about the 'ever' bit, but this a drastic difference from the many rainy holiday seasons we've had here in Southwest Washington.
pink lemonade crystal light. 
baking Christmas goodies with the little ones.
opening up Christmas cards from family and friends.

what a special season it is.
what are your little things today?

x

8 comments:

vintch December 22, 2011 at 12:23 PM  

love your little list! for me it's sitting in church, singing the beautiful old christmas hymns. nothing's better:)

Cassie December 22, 2011 at 1:05 PM  

ahhh. I love that, too. :)

It's me December 22, 2011 at 1:52 PM  

Bedankt lieverd voor je gezelligheid steun en liefde van het afgelopen jaar......liefs van mij.....xxx...Ria


Thanks my darling for your fun loving and support over the past year....love from me.....xxx...Ria

x
xxx
xxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
||
||



Fijne Kerstdagen,
Merry Christmas,
Glaedelig Jul,
Merry Christmas,
Joyeux Noel,
God Jul,

Amy December 22, 2011 at 2:03 PM  

I love your list! There's nothing quite like reminiscing the past year and looking forward to a new one. I caught myself recounting 2011 on my drive to work this morning.

One part of my list that I love so much has been being able to spend my weekends among loved ones. Like, having a picnic at the local museum, running along the beach without stopping, strolling along a Farmer's Market on a Saturday ... all the things I missed most when I lived 1,500 miles away from home. Thanks for reminding me of all the little things I should be more appreciative of!

Cheers.

brittany marie davis December 22, 2011 at 3:54 PM  

a lovely list! And I love the first comment about sitting in church. A few Sundays ago, I was completely overcome with emotion as the congregation sang. I couldn't get a peep out, I just had to sit and listen. It was beautiful.

I got your package today!!! I'm looking forward to opening it up Christmas morning! Thank you!

Taesha Baldridge Cecil December 22, 2011 at 4:50 PM  

Good list! I like spending time with my family and not having to worry about the outside world(:

Cassie December 22, 2011 at 6:09 PM  

Ria-thank you for your kind support! xx

Amy--all your little things sound ever so special. I want to be on the beach right now so I can run without stopping! I could use it!

Britt--love beautiful hymns being sung by a choir. Sounds lovely.

xx

Libbie December 23, 2011 at 1:47 PM  

Ahhhhhhh...yes the little things! I lOve how special you make the little things seem. And I think right now, i'm gonna paint my nails :)

“You must write every single day of your life... You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads... may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world.” ― Ray Bradbury
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP