Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Little Things {Sister Version}


Telling stories together.  Our versions are always the best--whether they actually happened that way or not...
Treating each other to head and foot massages.
Buying matching nail polish.
Honesty from one sister to another.  You want to know my honest opinion?  That nail polish makes me want to throw up.  Shock first, laughter second, then the follow-up question--are you still going to get it?  Yeah, probably not.
Receiving a back rub while eating ice cream.  Could there be a better combination?
Relating through husband-talk.
My kiddos loving their aunts.
My sisters pulling through the bazaar madness with me and coming home when it was all finished and insisting on helping me clean my disaster of a house.
Gleaming home decorating inspiration from two great decorators.
Making up scenarios that quite possibly only we find humorous--like imagining breaking out in Adam Lambert's song "Whatta You Want From Me?" when a foreigner walks into your house uninvited.  The walk-in happened to my alarmed sister, while the song was a retrospective insert.
My sister doing Flight of the Conchords imitations outside my booth...?
My booth neighbors loving my sisters, knowing us all by name and saying, "I hope you are my neighbors again next year!"  I hope so, too, Jean!
Flowering our talk with words such as whilst, wake, heed, shenanigans etc.
The help given when choosing the perfect pair of feather earrings.
Sharing sweet treats galore--only okay during sister escapades.
Thinking, I want to get knocked up so my girl can have a sister, too!

Seriously, what is better than sisters?

xx

10 comments:

Nicole Jeannette December 8, 2011 at 10:02 AM  

Literally nothing. I love my sister more than I love my life! I would do ANYTHING for her! :)

Yay Sister Love!

Taesha Baldridge Cecil December 8, 2011 at 2:01 PM  

Cute! Yaa sisters are great! I love mine too(:

Shelly Cunningham December 8, 2011 at 2:04 PM  

I loved this post! I hear you about the whole "sister for my daughter" thing. I keep hoping if we have one more that it's a girl, but I would feel awful bringing a girl into this world with no sister... So we may need two more!

Cassie December 8, 2011 at 2:54 PM  

Nicole- I, too, would do anything for me sisters!!

Shelley- having babies is a tricky business. You never know what you're going to get. ;) it's so fun that your boys have each other!

Xx

Alyssa December 8, 2011 at 3:14 PM  

Oh my word! Whatta ya Want From Me has me laughing out loud! Hilarious!

Cassie December 8, 2011 at 4:31 PM  

Alyssa- it is so nice to know that the things we think are funny are actually amusing to others! Lol. Never a dull moment with these girls!

resolute twig December 9, 2011 at 9:10 AM  

this is fantastic. Sisters are the greatest :)

Andrea Stevenson December 10, 2011 at 10:44 AM  

sister honesty is the best (most of the time) :)

Libbie December 12, 2011 at 8:41 AM  

That is a little reason I have so many boys ;) I really wanted to give Annie a sis, but I love those boys soooooo much that next time....I don't care either way for once :)

Gigi's Thimble December 12, 2011 at 4:52 PM  

Oh I am laughing out loud right now. We had so much fun. I think Rhea/Tammy is the funniest out of all of us because she was at the center of each of those episodes :) And in retrospect (fyi Tammy) I SHOULD have gotten that nail polish. It rocked. You wouldn't know what was cool if it came up and bit you in the...

amber

“You must write every single day of your life... You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads... may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world.” ― Ray Bradbury
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP