Saturday, September 22, 2012

Right Now


Today has been a slow morning, just the way a weekend should begin.  I laid in bed as long as my youngest and the pup would let me.  After three weeks of school for the children, and hustling like mad to and from the city, I'm happy to have woke on my own accord--sort of.  There was plenty of "Moooom, get up!" and puppy whines.  Husband is spending his early morning on the green.  He'd take golf (or an early morning hunt) over extra zzz's anytime.  I'm happy to say that his morning-person-ness has rubbed off on me over the years, and I, too, usually love an early rise.  Take me back to college, and I slept like I was in a coma.  Making progress, people.

Fall has moved in and the weather has been stuck somewhere between blue skies and rain.  We've been able to keep the rain at bay, but it's surely headed our way--and I'm prepared.  Warm cup, slipper socks, sweats, the makings of zucchini bread on the counter, blackberry jam to fix (grrr) and a pumpkin spice candle to light--a few books on the couch.  I came across this scene that has me wanting to cook Lebanese pizza for dinner.

I've got my Uncle on my mind this morning, as he's in the midst of an urgent and serious surgery.  Praying God's precision will flow through to the hands that work on him.  Praying for his family that waits on him and the outcome of their father, husband, Grandpa, son.  Life unfolds as we blink.  And we hang tight.

What's does right now look like for you?





6 comments:

It's me September 22, 2012 at 1:11 PM  

Prayers for you oncle and familly darling......love love Ria...xxx...

Cassie September 22, 2012 at 2:10 PM  

Thank you, Ria. xx

nancygrayce September 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM  

Praying your uncle comes or came through his surgery and will recover well.....

I get up really early but I'm not so nice first thing in the morning. :(

Connie September 23, 2012 at 11:13 PM  

It was nice to see Uncle Lucky today and visit with his kids and Aunt Janet. They are all holding up well. He had a smile on his face, and I think he understood most of what we said to him. Blessings to him and his family!

koralee September 25, 2012 at 6:25 AM  

Sending you and your uncle prayers.
I have an early morning husband and I love it as I am an early morning gal too...and yes my husband would love to meet yours on the green! xoxoo Take care.

Cassie September 25, 2012 at 6:22 PM  

Mom--so good to hear that good news. Give them all a squeeze for me. x

Koralee--if only our guys lived close, they could golf and we could bake! :)

“You must write every single day of your life... You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads... may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world.” ― Ray Bradbury
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP