Friday, January 4, 2013

Welcome 2013 + the Joy Dare {a movement}

Friends, I hope your New Years was rocking and full of laughter and great friends!  We played club beats, feasted--thanks to my excellent cooking friends, all while children ran rampant.  Sound busy?  It was! We even missed the countdown due to a makeshift couples "newlywed" game that was both ridiculous, enlightening and hilarious.

But of course, we had our own countdown ten minutes later, and listened to the men give some creative, rambling toasts.  It truly is special to watch Husband and his friends--all who he's known from the wild middle school years, as grown men, toasting to the future. 

As for resolutions for this year, I haven't yet wrapped my mind around any.  However, some exciting things have happened and began already in this new year (i.e. new hair, a Paleo challenge down at my Crossfit gym--I've got this! and the beginning of a new life-changing list).

A few months ago, my sweet friend, Danielle and I sat out on a Portland patio, pondering life, callings and dreams, while sharing fondue and drinking cocktails.  When we returned back to her house, and before I headed home, she handed me, "One Thousand Gifts," and said it reminded her of me.

You know how some books you read and others you fall into?  The sort of books that are like old friends that you've known most your life, who only visit once or twice a year, but when they do, you stay up until wee hours of the morning, because there is much to catch up on?  "One Thousand Gifts" is like an old friend.  The story and its purpose has settled right into my heart and has completely revamped my outlook for this New Year.

I'm excited to say that I've accepted Ann Voskamp's Joy Dare!  Which means over the next year, I'll be documenting three daily blessings--simple, unexpected and wonderful little things to add to my list of gifts.  By the end of the year, I'll have documented 1000 gifts, and I already know that documenting these gifts will do a number on my heart.


Here's the details:  I plan to post my 1,000 gifts for the Joy Dare on Thursdays, as that has been the day that I've shared my similar lists--the little things.  But then I'm going to link into Ann Voskamp's "Multitudes on Mondays" linkup.  Do you want to join the movement?  Here is all the information that you need to begin your own Joy Dare, but first, you should watch this touching short video.  It's the perfect place to start.

 

Do let me know if you blog your gifts!  I'd love to share in your joy!
top image

2 comments:

It's me January 5, 2013 at 2:17 AM  

What a great movie....i have that book !! it is hard for me to read in English but i try......i love it....living close to yourself is the best thing to do and care others also verry important....live is join the little things....every day again and again.......i try to do my best to live a quiet live.....but it is hard with work and all things happens around you....be their for someone is my thought for 2013.....



Lovely weekend darling...love Ria...xxx

Gigi's Thimble January 6, 2013 at 5:07 PM  

Good movie Cassie. I need to watch that every day.

“You must write every single day of your life... You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads... may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world.” ― Ray Bradbury
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP