Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Winning :: On this first day of Spring

Can you believe we've already made it through another Winter?  I'm amazed at how painless it was.  I think it has everything to do with our Indian Summer last year.  September and October were so nice that they fended off many soggy memories of the rain that we know too well here in the PNW.  #win

But this is not to say we've had a shortage of wet weather.  In fact, today, there was rain, hail and sleet, topped off with a little bit of sunshine.  There was a rainbow somewhere, for sure.  Did you see it?

With Spring sprouting around the property and the frogs croaking their harmonies into the night, there are a handful of exciting events happening.  First off, I don't want to make you envious or anything, but I just found out that I won a second giveaway in about a week's time.  Whaaaaat?  Winning!  I can't wait to show you what's coming to me in the mail from this blogger and this blogger!  Love me some month-of-March luck!

Another score this month are the two FREE tickets to see Cheryl Strayed speak at a local event where she'll be speaking on her bestseller, "Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail."  I just pre-ordered the paperback and can't wait to read it before Husband and I see her speak at the beginning of April.  If you don't already, I recommend you follow her on Facebook.  Good-hearted, entertaining stuff. 

We just booked our tickets to Cabo for Spring Break!  We haven't been on a family vacay like this EVER.  The last time Husband and I went on a vacation was our honeymoon--to NYC.  And there was no sunshine, heat, or blue water about it.  This is a big deal.  BIG deal. 

On another note, tonight, while scouring my brain and Pinterest for a dessert idea for book club tomorrow, I came across these.  Holy!  I've been baking sugar cookies for decades, and I have a feeling that this recipe could bring a whole new level of goodness into the kitchen.  Just looking at these cookies makes me want to eat two...or three, and completely forget that I'm cleansing for Cabo.  If it looks that good, I call it a win.

Lastly, the cherry blossoms have bloomed and they made me smile this afternoon.  Definitely a win.

Any recent wins? 

 

8 comments:

ShannonAnn March 21, 2013 at 4:11 AM  

So glad to hear about all the fun stuff happening for you this spring!!! Our big win for spring is good health, all around!
Xo's

brittany marie davis March 21, 2013 at 7:22 AM  

You are definitely shining! I am glad you are feeling the love. And CABO!? I am looking forward to pictures and a recap. We were going to sunny AZ for our Spring break up until two days ago when we realized Jared's military training was going to interfere. Cabo could work LOL!
Happy Spring!!!!

Cassie March 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM  

Shannon--good health all around is HUGE!! we are still dealing with colds, but at least it isn't the flu anymore. Have a great weekend!

Britt-I'll keep ya posted! Bummer AZ couldn't work out. I'm sure you'll keep the kiddos busy doing fun, cute things. :)

Burlap Luxe March 23, 2013 at 3:18 PM  

Beautiful spring over here :)

Thank you dear new friend for taking the time to visit my place.
Your comment is pure joy!

xx
Dore

Looking forward to getting to know all you inspire and create.
Going back now to see and catch up on your soulfulness.
Heres to your country life.

And then there were... March 24, 2013 at 5:19 PM  

Ah!! I am so sad and jealous that Randy and I (plus baby) won't be joining in on the fun in Cabo! Once baby is here though.. we definitely have to plan another friends vacation! I am so glad spring is here and cannot wait for summer! We definitely need to get some girl time in too before baby makes his/her appearance! See you this weekend? xoxo

Connie April 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM  

I made the Swig Cookies and they are fabulous! I frosted them in six very pastel colors and handed plates of them out to friends for Easter. They looked and tasted lovely! Thanks for sharing the link!

brittany marie davis April 18, 2013 at 12:17 PM  

I am missing your posts! I keep checking to see if maybe they are not showing up in my reader. Hope all is well!

HUGS!

Audrey June 7, 2013 at 10:28 AM  

Hi Cassie! Just wanted to say that I hope you're well ~ I think I've seen you on Pinterest but I hope all is ok. Your posts have been missed! XOXO, Audrey

“You must write every single day of your life... You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads... may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world.” ― Ray Bradbury
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP