Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Mentions: bits and curiosities from around the web

Happy Monday, friends! I've gathered a few links that may perk you up this afternoon.  Mondays tend to need an extra element of excitement and curiosity, no?

What?!  Though I'm a native of the northwest, I have never seen this wall with my own two eyes.  But that should change next time I head north.  It reminds me a little bit of this, because of the community aspect--but without the gross factor.  Are you heading to Seattle any time soon?  You may want to check out the rest of this list, '6 Quirky Things To Do In Seattle.'  Seattle, I'm digging your quirky ways.

Since we didn't do Christmas portraits this year like I had hoped, I'm contemplating having some Valentine's day pictures done with my kids.  How cute are these accessories from Carosello?  And this one?!  I die.  What a cutie. 

Why does painting have to be such a dilemma?   And why can't I have this woman guide me, teach me, or do it all for me?  I'm in over my head.  Truly.

Since being loaned "One Thousand Gifts" by a friend, I've been reading anything I can by Ann Voskamp.  Her '25 for Sanity Manifesto,' hits the heart with perfect timing.   
13.Watch Your Nos & Your Yeses will take Care of Themselves
Everything you say yes to, you say no to something else.
Are your yeses forcing you to say no to what really want to say yes to?
Don’t have guilt over a no – because every no is saying a better yes.
She makes her list an easy one to come back to with this great printable!

I have two birthday parties in the month of May.  One of them will be a Mario Brothers party since the boy is obsessed, and this is looking like a lovely option for the girl.  Look at those decorated plates and cups!  So pretty.

Hope you had a great weekend!  I'll be back with some fun updates on ours!

2 comments:

Gigi's Thimble January 28, 2013 at 10:30 PM  

Love that ladies house and those hair pieces (isn't her little model the cutest?!?) And I fell in love with that watercolor b-day party today. That would have been a dream for me when I was little. Wait. I faintly remember us being in the backyard - painting with big t-shirts on for one of our birthdays...was that mine?

Thanks for sharing all the fun stuff! Good night!

Ambs

Cassie January 30, 2013 at 9:34 AM  

I remember paint easels in the backyard, too! I sort of did a painting/dora party when B turned three, but the watercolor party is beyond awesome!

“You must write every single day of your life... You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads... may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world.” ― Ray Bradbury
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP