Thursday, January 10, 2013

Seventeen Gifts

If you read my recent post on the Joy Dare, you may remember me saying that I'm recording three daily gifts over the next year, to accumulate one thousand gifts during the year 2013.  It's a lovely challenge, though changing my mindset to be aware of the gifts around me, has proven to be a difficult task thus far.  Because of hurried days and the stress that has been tailing me lately, the little, beautiful things have been blurred between.  All the more reason this challenge is for me.  "Life is not an emergency," Voskamp says.  I know better than to live in a constant state of fret.  There is too much goodness and graciousness to let slip by without thankfulness.

So I give thanks:

1.  Sunlight streams through the curtains
2.  Hilltop valley views
3.  Heavy, heaping quilts
4.  Rising to slow mornings
5.  Waking to my boy's snuggles
6.  The post office clerk who regularly asks about my kitchen table and whether or not it can be eaten at, or if it is covered in crafts?
7.   Spontaneous I love you's imparted throughout each day from my boy
8.   Thick coffee-scented rooms
9.  White, quiet, winter mornings
10. Siblings stating their love for each other
11.  Handmade surprises from friends, for no reason other than to show kindness
12.  Watching a six year old grow to love reading more and more
13.  Singing, "I belong with you, you belong with me, sweetheart..." with my precious ones
14.  A days worth of fresh eggs from the coop
15.  Little helpers in the kitchen
16.  Handmade pictures and cards galore, from my girl
17.  God's faithfulness

May you see the gifts in each day--



A Holy Experience

3 comments:

brittany marie davis January 11, 2013 at 8:52 AM  

I look forward to doing this every day. I often get a text from Jared asking me if I've done my joy dare. (He is doing it too.)

Love your list! & again thanks for opening my eyes to this.

charla beth January 14, 2013 at 7:21 PM  

this is absolutely lovely, cassie<3 just made my night.

Cassie January 14, 2013 at 11:07 PM  

Britt- I love that both you and Jared are doing the dare. It really is opening my eyes to more of the little, special things. So simply done, too!

Charla- Thank you!!

“You must write every single day of your life... You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads... may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world.” ― Ray Bradbury
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP