This year, I took the dare--The Joy Dare. I'm recording three gifts each day, to accumulate one thousand gifts during the year 2013. It's a lovely challenge that encourages being present and aware of the little things--the little blessings that God has placed before us, in ordinary moments to enjoy. "Life is not an emergency," says Ann Voskamp, author of "One Thousand Gifts." And I know better than to live in a constant state of fret. There is too much goodness and graciousness to let slip by without thankfulness.
The first seventeen gifts.
And the gifts keep unfolding...
18. the way the fog blankets the trees in the morning
19. friends who pray together
20. the old, weathered, white steepled church up the road
21. a small light in a dark room
22. children singing praises to Jesus
23. fluffy new towels
24. an empty to-do list
25. pancakes on the griddle
26. a contractor husband with plenty of skills and tools
27. books in the mail
28. staying cozy with sick babies
29. clear, blue, crisp, winter days
30. fresh seafood
31. the crackling of the stove
32. organized drawers
33. the bond that Husband shares with his friends
34. each day that my daughter returns to me safe from school
35. card games with friends and family
36. tall, towering evergreen trees
37. collections--i love collections
38. a fresh, new haircut
39. individual dates with my kiddos
40. the sun streaming, climbing, and falling behind the trees
41. mt. hood peaking in the distance
42. the golden hour
What are your gifts, today?
Linking up here: