Thursday, January 6, 2011

the little things

I believe I've just began my first series. 
Thursday's 'The Little Things' is a documentation of recent things or moments that have 
moved, excited, stirred, beckoned, or inspired. 
Each thing or moment has pulled on my heart-strings in a special sort of way.

This is the second installment of 'the little things.' 

the reminder of cherry blossoms in the spring.
an morning online Anthropologie browse.
happening upon this Rilke quote--"Perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are waiting to see us once brave and beautiful" (thank you Sunny Rising Leather).
little brothers who stop in and listen to you vent and fix things.
new lamps.
finishing a book.
friendly strangers.
paper snowflakes.
emails from old friends.
my two and a half year old's laughter during his movie--he is seeming less and less a baby...
bedtime prayers.




Go here for the beginning of 'The Little Things.'

10 comments:

Jennifer D January 6, 2011 at 8:54 AM  

So Sweet. That made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

resolute twig January 6, 2011 at 10:57 AM  

what a lovely idea :)
and a great list! thanks for sharing it...

Dee Paulino January 6, 2011 at 11:02 AM  

I am so loving this series and the Rilke quote.

Xoxo

Saumya January 6, 2011 at 12:26 PM  

Aw, what a feel-great list :) All of these are wonderful!

Princess and the Pea January 6, 2011 at 12:58 PM  

What a beautiful picture - I love cherry blossom. I went all the way to Japan last spring just for the blossom!

Marie January 6, 2011 at 1:39 PM  

This was very, very heartwarming. It is the little things that carry us through.

Hugs - Marie

Unknown January 6, 2011 at 6:46 PM  

The two-and-a-half year old comment about seeming less and less like a baby. I'm so with you. Makes me a little sad to see my Penelope grow up so fast.

Dee Paulino January 7, 2011 at 8:40 AM  

Ps: I have given you the stylish blog award. stop by my blog for more details.

I Love Pretty Little Things January 8, 2011 at 2:05 PM  

Beautifully said- and all of those things are treasures that you get to go back to someday and remember because you have written them here.

Unknown January 11, 2011 at 8:52 AM  

this is a great idea!! Like mini little gratitude lists. would be great to do in my daily diary. Thanks for the inspiration :D

“You must write every single day of your life... You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads... may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world.” ― Ray Bradbury
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP